Bioeconomy Innovations Awards
Bioeconomy Innovation Awards is a competition which aims to award universities or research institutes that have developed outstanding innovative solutions to technical, social and environmental challenges. Committed in the goal of recognizing scientists in the field of bio-based technologies, the Award aims to encourage the development of innovative researchers who are able to create novel solutions to existing technical, social and environmental challenges. Awarded annually since 2008, the Award has provided biotechnology research scientists throughout Malaysia with a platform for acknowledgement and recognition for their work. Through this Award, it will also assist in the promotion of new inventions within both public and private institutions, and accelerate the commercialization of novel technologies.
Malaysian Bioeconomy Development Corporation is appointing judges from the Academy of Sciences Malaysia and the industry to initiate a unique bio-based competition with an emphasis on showcasing the most innovative and/or commercial ready products, technologies and services developed or being developed at universities and research institutions. BIA 2017 is also recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) as a venue for universities to receive Malaysia Research Assessment (MyRA) points for their achievements in the Research, Development, and Commercialization (R&D&C).
OBJECTIVES OF THE AWARDS
- To encourage and inspire innovation in bio-based fields
- To recognize individual and organizational achievements in developing new ideas and innovations in bio-based fields
- To provide a platform for R&D commercialization in bio-based fields
- To strengthen networking between academia, industries and government agencies
- Agriculture/Agro-Based Industry
- Bio-Industrial Technology
- Green & Renewable Technology
AWARDS AND PRIZES (total of 26 awards)
- Most Innovative Product: 1 Gold, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze medals with certificates
- Most Commercial Ready Product: 1 Gold, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze medals with certificates
- Bioeconomy Innovation of the Year Award
- Most Promising Innovation of the Year Award
Mr. Hardi Raimee
Contact : +603-2116 5513
Ms. Kasmawati Mohamad
Contact : +603-2116 6424
Bioeconomy Excellence Awards
Bioeconomy Excellence Awards is a programme to honour qualified BioNexus (BNX) Status companies and Bioeconomy Transformation Programme (BTP) project owners for their excellence performance and contribution to the bio-based industry. The awards also provide a platform to promote the latest achievements in biotechnology and bio-based technologies, as well as the commercialisation of related research findings, products and services.
Winners will be chosen from Agriculture, Industrial and Healthcare sectors based on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, rigorous independence judging and audited by renowned organisation, Frost & Sullivan. Trophy and certificate will be presented to the winners during BioMalaysia 2017 event.
OBJECTIVES OF THE AWARDS
- Promote the development of BNX Status companies and BTP projects;
- Encourage BNX Status companies and BTP project owners to increase innovation, productivity and quality;
- Strengthen the networking with the bio-based industry’s movers and shakers
Mr. Wan Hasnul Wan Sulong
Contact : +603-2116 5408
Mrs. Roslinda Mahat
Contact : +603-2116 5489